The best time to arm yourself with lactation knowledge is during prenatal care. This is the time when you can prepare for breastfeeding and create goals, plans, and strategies for success. If you are doing your prenatal care at Mystick Women’s Health, you will have a scheduled visit with our CLC in your third trimester and 1 week post-partum. Creating a relationship with a lactation counselor during your pregnancy is a helpful way to have a support person during those first few days at home when breastfeeding questions often arise.
All of our medical providers have extensive training on breastfeeding. Serena Fasano is a certified lactation counselor (CLC) and teaches our breastfeeding classes on the second Saturday of every-other month.
- How to prepare for breastfeeding
- What to expect in the early weeks of breastfeeding
- Establishing a good milk supply
- Breastfeeding positioning and latching
- Returning to work/school as a breastfeeding mother
- Additional resources for ongoing support
Classes are open to everyone and we welcome family members to join. Please click here to register.